Monday, July 9, 2007

Just Getting Started

So here it is...my first official blog. I have a blog set up on my Classroom 2.0 site but I thought I'd like to try my hand at something not attached to a whole website. We'll see if this blog gets any traffic.

I find myself, this summer, focusing in too many directions. I'm learning Google apps, planning a Web 2.0 class, trying my hand at Second Life (find me...I'm Leesa Biedermann...the one who keeps walking into walls), and having fun Skyping (LisaParisi). What seems to be happening is...nothing great is coming out of anything.

I think, instead, I'm going to spend some time working on my writing program for next year. The ideas are coming...I know because I'm starting to dream about writing ideas (call me crazy but it is how I work and I'm sure I'm not the only one). I brought home all my books for the summer. I'm going to use the 6 + 1 Traits of Writing as my starting point. I want to get blog entries in there. Perhaps the students can blog examples of each trait as we learn them. Or the blogs can be their final pieces. Or perhaps blog the journey. So many possibilities. Come visit our blogsite in September and see how we do. http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=88116. Perhaps moving away from learning all this new technology and focusing on what I do best...teach...will make learning the new technology a bit easier.

No comments: