Thursday, February 21, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt

My network friend, Martha Thornburgh, tagged me for this meme. And how appropriate that I found out about this from someone I have never met face to face but have communicated with through projects, twitter, and email.

The rules are simple. Think about what you are passionate about teaching your students. My passion? Collaboration. I truly believe if we don't start teaching our children how to collaborate with each other both in and out of the classroom, we will never know a better, kinder planet. And I really want to live in a better, kinder world. So I do my part, one class at a time. And with today's technology, it is easier than ever to collaborate with others around the world. It's hard to fight a country where your friends are living.

These students from our classroom work together to create amazing projects and link up with other classes through various sites. And they enjoy doing so. Can you see the future taking shape?

3 Simple Meme Rules:

1. Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about...and give your picture a short title.
2. Title your blog post "Meme: Passion Quilt" and link back to this blog entry.
3. Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.
So now to my tags:
Christine Southard - the ultimate collaborator
Lisa Durff - my first out of classroom connection
Alice Mercer - can't wait to see her passion
Cathy Nelson - my most helpful twitter friend
Cheryl Lykowski - because she needs a fun break from her thesis
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Martha said...

What a great vision! I totally agree!!! So glad that I have you in my network.

Anonymous said...

Scott McLeod beat you to me:
http://mizmercer.edublogs.org/2008/02/12/ive-been-tagged/