Sunday, August 14, 2022

Another Update

I've been very remiss in writing and submitting blogs.  I think, each day, about a topic I'd like to write about but the time to do so never seems to happen.  Each time I sit at the computer, I fall down rabbit holes.  What latest news is out there?  What new shows and movies should I watch?  What's happening on Facebook?How's the stock market doing these days?  What weather catastrophes are on the horizon?  And, before I know it, an hour has gone by and nothing has been done on my blog.  So I am just going to start again. Here we go:


Hurricane Cloud
Hurricane Cloud over Earth

I have decided that this blog will evolve with me.  It started as an educational blog; a way for me to let the world know what I was doing in my classroom, to ask for advice, to give advice, to connect with everyone.  But I'm not in the classroom anymore so I don't have great projects to share or burning questions to be answered.  What I do have is curiosity and concern about the world and the country today.  So I will make my blog a daily (weekly? monthly?) report about whatever is on my mind at that moment. 

Drawing of retired woman sitting at desk
Older Woman Sitting at Computer

Sometimes the blog will be about education because, ultimately, that is my calling and my brain takes me there all the time.  In fact, just yesterday, while I was weeding in my yard (one of my most hated chores), I found so many fascinating things I would have loved to share with my class. I found a tiny eggshell, a HUGE earthworm, weeds with shallow roots and deep roots (wonder why they are so different), water flowing through the woods heading into my pond, honey bees all over my wildflowers, etc.  I would love to have my class here to just explore nature.

Cartoon lady pulling weeds
Angry Woman Pulling Weeds

Sometimes the blog will be about politics because the world is crazy and scary and I have way too much time to watch the news! And, I beg you all, if I write about politics, don't trash me if you don't agree.  Just calmly and kindly tell me WHY you disagree.  Start a conversation.  Don't shut one down.

Sign Language Hands Say Be Kind

Sometimes the blog will be about my job as Field Supervisor at Western Carolina University.  I supervise interns prior to their graduation as teachers.  It's my way of keeping myself in the game.

Sometimes the blog will be about things I have learned in life.  As I age, I find myself reviewing my life with new eyes.  That brings me to new learning so I will write about it.

Reflection of City in Eyeglasses

Whatever I blog about, I welcome conversation so please feel free to comment, reach out, etc.  But be kind.  We need more empathy and kindness in the world.  And I seriously cannot take any more anger and meanness.  

I look forward to connecting again!

Five People Holding Puzzle Pieces to Connect

No comments: